We have extensive experience of environmental and landscape assessment, including:
- Preparation of landscape character and visual assessments
- Preparation of impact assessments for new development
- Taking a lead consultancy role in the co-ordination, preparation and editing of Environmental Statements for major transport and infrastructure projects.
- Expert witness at public inquiry
Lead role in developing a successful Stage 1 Application to the Natural England NIA scheme, prepared on behalf of the South Downs Way Ahead NIA partnership.
This partnership aims to bring together land managers and farmers, conservation and voluntary organisations, government bodies and water companies actively engaged in all aspects of the conservation and management of the South Downs chalk, with a view to improving ecosystem services, biodiversity, ecological health and sustainable management across rural and urban communities within and around the NIA.
Landscape and visual assessment of a disused brickworks site prior to its redevelopment. The site encompassed a wide range of different landscape types, ranging from a car breaker's yard to designated ancient woodland and a local SSSI, within the Wooded Weald.
Environmental Impact Assessment for a quarry extension. The project included preparation of an Environmental Statement and providing advice at all stages of the planning process. LMS provided detailed landscape assessments, environmental, working and restoration programmes, as well as editing and co-ordinating the ES document. Planning permission was granted in September 2000.
Preparation of Landscape and Visual Assessment on behalf of the local authority and presentation of evidence at public inquiry for a key test case in the extensive use of polytunnels in fruit production. Following the inquiry we worked with the local authority, farmer and their landscape architects in order to develop a landscape protocol, rotation strategy and mitigation which has subsequently led to a successful application for continued use of the site for soft fruit.
The Practice has provided Expert Witness Evidence at Public Inquiry in relation to a range of developments including housing, retail, light industrial and mobile home parks. Evidence presented examines landscape character and visual assessment and examination of landscape policy context.
- Highways schemes: Environmental Assessments
- Energy and power: specialist landscape and visual assessments for Environmental Statements
- Gas industry projects: Environmental Assessments for compressor sites, LNG & terminal facilities